Wednesday 17 December 2014

hit me with a ray of summer

When was the last time you were slapped by a cold breeze? Such breeze feels like a medicine in summers when the capricious rays of the sun hit us. When we die for cold and dream about snow and hill stations living the beautiful beaches and the lovely summer air. At that time, in the middle of the awes trucking summer and the golden days why do people go to cold regions? I mean are they out of their minds of what? Ask me what happens when you are stuck in cold. You can’t leave and you wish that you no longer stay at the same place.
Summers are delightful, wonderful and amazing I don’t have enough words to describe the magical feeling of summer. The sea, the shore.... who would want o leaves it? The sand, the breeze and the shells. The ease, simplicity and the freedom. Summers are indeed the gift from gods. More than half of our year is occupied with summer and the remaining few are forcefully given to winters but still even after seven or eight months of this lovely season one can’t get enough out of it. As the first glimpse of summer arrives, also arrives the hope for happiness.
When I imagine summer I imagine happy people by the shore. With smiles and giggles. Rolling carelessly in the sand. Jumping and splashing in the water. You all are so evil, making me dreams about all this in such extreme cold.
Be it summer or winter. As much as I love summers I hate winters or maybe the hate rate is more. Winters destroy everything in my life. As if a curse was casted. Winter is like an unbreakable spell casted on the entire universe. It is just the opposite of fun. Some people love winters just because it’s fun. A serious question to all those who feel so, I mean where is the fun in winters? Or was it at all? How is fun even possible when your soul is getting freeze as instantly as you step out of the house? How is it even possible when in winters I spend more than half of my day under a blanket? Do people play wearing quilts wrapped around them? Winters are our punishment’s wish I could just die when winters arrive. All day, all time we have to escape the cold and selectively decide for an hour in the morning about our outfits. One can’t wear short dresses unless of course one would want to commit a suicide.
It’s been like almost a month since the time I have been waiting for winters and till the start of December we all were quite unsure of the chills that we were soon going to receive. Debating on the topic of clothes and weather and peacefully enjoying the mild coldness. I curse the day when I asked when the winter was going to come this year because the very next day I almost froze. Every morning is like living on Mount Everest or Antarctica except here one can’t get a good view of penguins or polar bears. Mornings are the worst. Thank god that our school timings have changed but earlier who would imagine getting up at six in the morning facing the cold and night outside. Bathing is another topic. I just simply whine about not bathing and how cold it is or that the sun hasn’t come out yet or I just need five more minutes.
In summers I used to get up in just one call. Just call out my name and that’s it! But this winter things have made me late. Long are the days gone when I was up early now I just can’t get enough of my bed and the soft and warm blankets......

On the other hand winters are a tad bit good..... They give you comfort and the best of all hot chocolate!!!!!!! Winters may be ad but hot chocolate isn’t. Comment your experiences about winters!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment