Thursday 28 May 2015

summertime sadness

While laying on my bed with a bucket full of sweat and a moist cotton bedsheet and a mind full of pointless dreams I woke up to see my air conditioner resting. Doesn’t it give you a sudden urge to slap the life out of that dumb a/c which has forced me to now wake up and turn it on again and it expects me to sleep the way I was sleeping. But it isn’t entirely my a/c’s fault because it’s just helping me shed my expenses. It all looks fearsome at once when you receive the summer’s first electricity bill and look down at your pocket to see money that doesn’t even add up to half the cost but then, what are parents for. They give you all the comfort of the world and then in return demand your ears and senses to fully work while they scold and blame you for all the expenses , a long lecture full of things that might lure you into setting fire to all your belongings.
Guess that time of the year when you feel like a cactus? That time when if u just even roll your clothes you can have a full glass of erm.... water (in a way it is) and when even the slightest reference to blankets and hot coffee can make you puke. No, it’s not the end of the world, it’s summer. Yesterday while scrolling through my instagram feed I came across so many posts which mentioned how lovely summer is. Oh please summer isn’t going to be about spending your day at the beach and spray tans. It’s also about returning home and googling remedies to remove it. I wonder why people even want summer. It’s so nice at first but slowly it starts getting to you until you can’t take it anymore is what becomes the problem. I hope somebody makes a movie about it .
While everyone waits for winter I wait for summer because my birthday comes in the month of may! Yay! This time it was awesome. Anyway....
Since morning I have been drinking  energy drinks and all sorts of drinks except liquor to hydrate my body and save it from accidentally dropping  on top of unknown people. Summer is all about fun and pretty sunshine that peeps through the windows, the glass and tiny cracks. It spreads out and gives us a sunkissed tan and sand that slips from our bodies with wavy hair and curls and that salty taste. Music,fun,dance and so much more.so get out and explore. Wear short dresses. Stop applying different pastes over your bodies . stop wearing jeans. Stop wearing a hat or sunscreen. Just stop all of it .

If there is summer than let it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment